The magic of unicorns...
Scotland is famous for it's love of legends and mythical creatures and the unicorn is no exception, as it is Scotland's National Animal!
In Celtic mythology the unicorn was a symbol of purity and innocence, as well as masculinity and power. Tales of dominance and chivalry associated with the unicorn may be why it was chosen as Scotland’s national animal. (as quoted by Visit Scotland).
Handmade using natural rapeseed oil wax and blended wax for the decoration, each and every unicorn is unique, individual and yours!
**Disclaimer** all my candles are handmade and therefore each one is a one-off, created at the time of order, so please be patient.**
The small candle is approx 7cm at it's widest and the medium is 8cm, burning for a minimum of 20 & 25 hours respectively.
Please be aware that when you light this candle, the decoration will melt as all pieces are made of wax. Please take extra care and keep an eye on your candle for your first burn. You may wish to remove some pieces before lighting in order to get the best burn from your candle.
To get the best from your candle, please remember:
* always trim the wick after purchase to approximately 1cm
* always burn your candle on a heat resistent surface
* and place your candle on a flat, level surface
* when you first light your candle, give it time, allowing a minimum of 1-2 hours to create a meltpool, therefore avoiding any future re-lighting issues or waste
* I recommend that you burn your candle for no longer than 3-4 hours at a time
* always trim your wick again to 1cm before re-lighting
* avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlight. Candles may fade if they are left in bright light for an extended period of time.
* never leave a burning candle unattended
* with candles that are not in a jar/container, you don't want to burn it all the way to the bottom (melted wax can be messy); so once there's about 1cm of wax left on the bottom, it's time to say goodbye
* in case of any drips or spillages, rapeseed wax is much softer than traditional paraffin and will clean up easily with warm soapy water.